A 5-axled truck and 95 tm crane prepared for the future24 September 2020
The haulage company Poul Erik Jeppesen & Søn / Roslev Kranbetjening A/S in Skive, Denmark, has just put its largest craned vehicle ever into operation. And it is not "just" another large crane truck, but in fact a future-proof heavyweight with a 5-axle truck and a 95 tm crane from HMF.
A future-proof vehicle
Ib Jeppesen, son of the company's founder Poul Erik Jeppesen, has been forward-looking when he, back in 2019, decided on a 5-axle Volvo with a 95 tm crane for the company. So forward-looking that in fact new rules regarding 5-axle trucks with a total weight of up to 40 tonnes hasn’t even passed yet in Denmark; For now, a 5-axle truck must only weigh 32 tonnes. But Ib isn’t afraid to future-proof his truck even if legislation hasn’t been approved by Danish authorities yet.
“A beast like this (read: the new craned truck) should be able to last at least 10 years - and if you take a forward-looking view, a 95 tm crane with a 5-axled truck open up some whole new opportunities for our business.”
“When at some point it becomes possible to reach 40 tonnes in total with the 5-axled truck, we are the first on the market to have a unique crane truck that is both strong, flexible and efficient - and with our 2-axled drawbar trailer, it can also handle 56 tons”.
HMF Denmark in Galten has delivered the crane and installation. The installation is made on a Volvo FH 10x4*6 and HMF in Galten has i.a. equipped the truck with:
- HMF 9520-K7 crane with 7 hydraulic extensions.
- FJ2200-K6 fly-jib with 6 hydraulic extensions and 2 manual extensions, which gives a total reach of 37.7 m.
- HMF RCL Safety System and HMF’s electronic stability monitoring system, EVS.
- Scanreco radio remote control with colour screen.
- Stabilizer beam on the crane with 4.2 meters stabilizer spread on each side and 180° swing-up stabilizer legs.
- Separate, rear-mounted hydraulically extensible stabilizer beam with 4.2 meters stabilizer spread on each side.
- Front stabilizer leg.
- Personnel basket for mounting on fly-jib.
- 320 litre hydraulic tank mounted on crane base.
Regarding his new vehicle body building, Ib says in the end:
“HMF deserves great praise for the work. It's simply a perfect installation of the highest quality. I am very pleased with the result.”